Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What have I gotten myself into?

At the challenge of a friend I have signed up for the National Novel in a Month thing. The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month of November - 30 days. Eeek!
I hve no idea how I am going to accomplish this fantastic goal, but another friend said today "what have you got to lose?" She's right! So, I'm writing in November.

What am I writing about? Who knows. Some apparently begin on the 1st of November with no plot. That may be me. I haven't gotten my head around the fact that I've signed up as of yet! I want to do this though. I've wanted to write for years and now is as right as any to get serious and start.

Recently, I've begun two books. Still working on them, slowly. I enjoy writing, but I have to carve out time to do it. One of the books I can do a bit at the time, but the other is the story of my childhood and that one takes more of a chunk of time to write. I have to get into the proper mindset and have time to proccess. I find I get into writing after work which usually means I stay up late, sleep too late, am tired and cranky all day. . . it isn't the best routine. So, I'll have to figure something out as far as a workplan. However, not until I finish my novel in November.

No comments: