Saturday, December 22, 2007

I DID IT!

National Novel Writing Month came and went and I DID write a novel. I uploaded my something over 50000 words on November 30th only hours after my challenging friend Cherie uploaded hers. I SO wanted to be first; but at least I finished.

Now the task is editing and reworking what is really more of a relaly long first draft than a true novel. It is a great place to start, but far from a publishable book.

Many have asked "now what?" "Where do you send it?" "Who will publish this?"
Now what? I edit. I common saying through the month of November is just keep writing, December is for editing. Well, for me December is for running the church and leading extra services through the season. But, the next step is to begin at the beginining and edit. Then, . . .

Well, I hve no idea how to begin to get something published. This wasn't about getting something published. This exercse was about writing for the sake of writing. I have wanted to write a book for as long as I can remember and now I have. What an accomplishment. Knowing I have done it is great. I don't need ti published in order to feel accomplished or successful.

For now, I am happy to have my "novelist" pin stuck on the fridge and know I have written a novel.

I am ready to move on to other things.
We'll talk more about those in particular coming up soon.

No comments: