Saturday, May 19, 2007

later than usual sermonizing

Today is a beautiful sunny, but cooler than days as of late. It is a perfect day for lounging on my new lounge/swing on my back porch. I am waiting for the electricial to come install the ceiling fan I found at a yard sale for only $7 (they swear it works) and my little haven will be complete. This is what I want to do rather than write a sermon. It is hard to have a day off and still need to work. However, what is a day off really? It is so rare that I experience one without at least a telephone call from a church member. Not all bad, I like my church members, however, not the leisurely day I used to have when working a secular job.

Tonight, I have to attend a $50/person hospital fund-raiser thanks to a church member being in charge of the thing. I think I'd rather have my tonsils out sans anesthesia. The theme is "bluejeans boot scoot boogie bash". Clever name and at least a new frock isn't required! I'm hoping to scoot my way out from the event early.

I suppose the smart thing for me to do is to stop blogging and head back home where I might even get a few moments on my lounge/swinig before needing to get ready for the "boot scoot". I want to start reading Velvet Elvis for the RGBP discussion in just over a week. I think I have figured out the rest of my afternoon! I'm finding myself with some time on my hands as I am a bit under the weather and trying to heal. It is a challenge to "not overdo". Plenty of time for reflection and pondering. I'm hopeful I will manage some life changes while out of the usual routine - which realy isn't routine at all! Part of the problem I assume. REST RELAX RECUPERATE the 3-R's of my life these days. It is pretty nice to have some time to do this. My conregation is quite understanding and says they just want me here and healthy so I need to do whatever it takes to get there. Thanks be to God.

I'm bummed that some of the RGBPs are heading to the Festival of Homiletics. It sounds like a wonderful conference. I used my continuing educataion funds this year for a trip to ISrael and Jordan. Great trip. Wonderful experience, but now I want to go to FofH. I did manage to finagle a way to attend the preaching conference at a denominational conference center. I am auditing which cuts the cost practically to nill. I am also staying in a friend's house rather than in conference housing and that will dramatically help the cost. So, this is good. I am looking for some collegial interaction, time with my friend, and a few days in the NC mountains. t is so relazing for me there. That is when I'm not traveling to a youth conference with 10-50 youth in tow!!!

12 comments:

more cows than people said...

Woohoo! I didn't know you were blogging! Welcome to the RevGal ring... though i blog anonomousishly i will let you know that i am someone who used to live across the hall from you and we remet when i came to speak in your presbytery. Adding you to my feeds... this has been a great vehicle for me to stay in touch with folks as you have experienced i'm an otherwise lousy correspondent (and i never am sure about teh spelling of that word!) Hooray! Glad the RevGals reconnected us!

Kristen said...

Welcome to RGBP!! I am about to start an appointment at a similar sounding parish. I look forward to reading your blog!

QuakerPastor said...

Hi RevDari, welcome to RGBP!
Your place sounds a little like mine-ie white hair and outdated ideas...
QP

LutheranChik said...

Greetings from a RevGalBlogPal...my parish is also a small rural one (about 90 regular worshippers each Sunday, and about 150 offical members, in an unincorporated village in the farthest corner of our county), although we are growing and our demographics are changing from mostly older "lifers" from the neighborhood to a more diversified congregation. (Including yours truly, a commuter worshipper.) If you want to know the whats/hows of our place, drop me a line, or visit my blog!

Sally said...

ah well from another revgal not at the FoH- due to the small Atalntic obstacle- welcome to revgals- good to meet you :-)

RevDari said...

Thanks for the comments. This is one of the first times more than 1 person has had anything to say! I'm excited to hear from you.

I'm particularly excited to hear from "more cows than people". I know who you are and would love to get in touch AGAIN. Help me get to you via blog or email or whatever. Perhaps I even still have your card . . . I'll check on that one. What a small cyberworld we live in!

Unknown said...

welcome to revgalblogpals.
I'll lock forward to reading your posts.

Mary Beth said...

Welcome from me too! We are tickled to have you here!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd like to thank you for such a terrific made site!
Was thinking this is a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/football-party-supplies.html]football Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
I was sure this is a nice way to introduce myself!
The only right way pile revenue it is usually a smart belief to begin a savings or investing plan as soon in life as achievable. But don't worry if you have not begun saving your capital until later on in life. As a result of hard work, that is consulting the best investment vehicles for your money you can slowly but surely increase your growth so that it measures to a huge sum by the time you wish to retire. Contemplate all of the accessible asset classes from stocks to real estate as investments for your money. A well diversified portfolio of investments in various asset classes will make your money grow throughout the years.

-Clare Grafton
[url=http://urwealthy.com]currency exchange rates[/url]

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i am fresh here, I came upon this website I have found It truly accommodating & its helped me out a great deal. I hope to give something back & aid other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Around

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory