Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Kids say the darndest things!"

Having dinner last night with parishoners.
One couple brought their darling grandaughter who is 2 years old.
She is so cute, well-behaved, always dressed in perfectly pressed and smocked clothing complete with bloomers.
She is precious.
Her grandparents are in their seventies and quite proper.
The grandmother owns a hoity=toity shop in town specializing in waterford crystal and wexford china to give you a hint at the culture of this family.

The grandaughter thinks I am the cat's meow for some reason.
I love her too. Children are a nice change from the stress and strain of ministry.
So, the little girl and I are sitting aside one another at dinner when she rather loudly says to me: "Dari can we go outside and spit?"

Oh my, the grandparents, mostly the grandmother was so embarrassed and quickly admonished the little girl for saying such at the table. She kept on asking! It was so cute given the family and the situation. This precious little girl with stellar "Old South" upbringing asking to go outside and spit just cracked me up!!!! I love it. I think I am a bad influence on her.

What a blessed friday the 13th!
Hooray for children and the joy they bring to our lives if we just let them. :)

No comments: