Sunday, July 8, 2007

My computer is possessed, or something

For the last month or so my computer has a mind of its own.
I guess it goes without saying in some aspects that the computer has a mind of its own . . .
However, mine is no longer taking its lead on what to do from me.
When I am typing I have to constantly watch the screen because the cursor will randomly start typing somewhere other than where the thing should me. For instance, I was typing that last sentence and realized that the cursor had moved to the first line of the post and was typing along up there. It is quite a challenge.

I have had the thing checked out by a "tech-ie" Apparently, there is no virus. The software was all un-installed and re-installed. The problem persists. The next step is probably to send the thing back to the company for diagnostics and repair. That scares me . . . how do I live without a computer for however long that takes? I'm serious. I do everything on the computer. Everything for work that is - sermons, research, emails to staff and parishoners . . . I'm really anxious about the prospects. The one good thing is that the church did purchase an extended warranty with the thing so I'm still under warranty, but how do I cope while sans computer?

I'm embarrassed to admit that I am so dependent upon a machine for my day to day life, but I am a porduct of the current culture, I suppose. What to do, what to do.

My father would say "damn comupters!"

No comments: